The Importance of a Matress For Your Children’s Bed
It is well known and documented that getting approximately 8 hours of sleep per night is necessary for most humans to be able to function normally and at a high capacity during the day. That being said, one of the most important pieces of furniture in any bedroom is the bed or, more precisely, the mattress that is being used.
In the last few years research has been done showing that most people hold on to their mattress for much too long, allowing them to become damaged and ruining their support. This of course will have a negative effect on someone’s ability to be able to get the correct amount of high-quality sleep.
Indeed, a mattress can look perfectly fine on the outside but can be damaged enough on the inside that it causes sleep problems and insomnia. That being said, if you’re keen on getting a healthy, refreshing night’s sleep here are a few reasons why changing your mattress every seven years is vital.
· A recent study performed by FIRA concluded that a mattress that was over 7 years old was much less comfortable, and thus impeded a good night’s rest, then a new one.
· Sleep experts agree that a new mattress and box spring can be as effective as over-the-counter sleeping medications.
· In France, researchers found that people who slept on a new mattress slept better and had less frequent tossing and turning that led to waking up then people who were on mattresses older than 7 years.
· If you suffer from allergies it may be due to dust mites in your mattress, especially when you consider that the average person loses about a pound of dead skin cells while sleeping every year and about half a pint of fluid every single night.
· A United States study found that 63% of respondents slept better on a newer mattress. It also found that 82% of back pain experts agree that a new mattress can sometimes be just a cure needed for sleeping problems and back pain
With all of those excellent reasons to buy a new mattress we thought we’d also give you some information about the best way to find a mattress that fit your needs well and help you to get the good night’s sleep that you need.
1. Get your priorities in order as far as price is concerned. The fact is, a high quality mattress is going to cost you a bit more than medium quality and a lot more than low quality mattresses . We’re not saying that you have to buy the top of the range mattress, only that you should spend as much money as you can afford on them to ensure that you get the quality sleep you need.
2. Don’t rush out and buy a bed without first comparing them thoroughly.
3. A firm, comfortable mattress is important but also needs to support your weight and the size of your body. Make sure that the new mattress you purchase can do these things.
4. When mattress shopping you should definitely wear comfortable clothing and remove your shoes so that you can spend at least 10 minutes on any mattress you’re considering purchasing. Lie in your normal sleep position and make a few turns to both sides to really get a feel for it.
5. Research has shown that couples who have bigger beds sleep better.
When you consider the fact that during a seven year lifespan you will spend over 20,000 hours on your new mattress you begin to realize that it’s worth the time and effort to make sure that you choose those that fit your lifestyle best.