A beside table is the perfect partner for your child’s bed and we have a super collection of bedsides to suit all tastes. They are the ideal place to stand a lamp, alarm clock or book. With a wide range of colours, designs, sizes and materials including traditional solid wood, painted bedsides and contemporary metal pieces, a nightstand is a delightful addition to a bedroom and can really enhance a space be it through design or colour.
Some have drawers and cupboards; some have cute niches and cubby holes where your child can keep their belongings close to hand. Some drawers will include traditional carved wooden drawer runners, whilst others will have modern metal runners – either design is very sturdy and allows the drawer to function properly and bear weight. A wooden runner is designed to bear a lot of weight, however, a modern metal runner is extremely durable and built to last too.
Some of our besides come as part of complete bedroom furniture collection, so you’ll be able to find matching furniture for your child’s room. Others designs are unique so you can mix and match stylish furniture pieces to achieve the look you desire.
What safety issues should I consider?
- Leave a sensible space between your child’s bed and their bedside to ensure they don’t roll out onto it during the night. Close enough so that that they can reach and turn out their light, but enough space so they can’t knock things off their bedside during the night.
- If you use a bedside in a nursery, please ensure that it is not placed next to the cot. As toddlers start attempting to climb out of their cot, they may use it to stand on which could lead to an accident.
- Check every now and again and ensure that the bedside is fully functional and all parts and fittings are secure.
- Do not use substitute parts that are not designed for use with the bedside. Always contact us for replacement parts.
- Watch little fingers don’t get trapped in drawers or cupboards. Some pieces of furniture have a soft close mechanism whilst others don’t, so it’s always a good idea to teach your little one to safely open and close their drawers and cupboards.
- For toddlers, you may want to consider furniture corner protects depending on the design of the bedside. Some bedsides have round, smoothed edges, whilst others will have more designed, sharper cornicing.
- In the interest of safety, particularly where small children are concerned, we advise securing your bedside to the wall to prevent the product from tipping forwards. You will need to obtain and use fixing devices that are suitable for the walls in your home. Speak to your local DIY store if you are unsure of what fixings to use and seek their advice.